Friday, November 14, 2008

Surrey Kinesiologist States that "Fat Kids Lead to Fat Adults"

This article scares me.

The picture in the article almost made me puke.

This has been a huge motivation for me to start running again.

My son is one years old and I know that I am the example he sees.

If I sit on my rear, he will sit on his rear.

If I eat crap, he will eat crap.

I hope you are not eating when you read this article.

Obese Children Have Arteries of 45-year-olds, Study Finds
Wednesday, November 12th 2008 - by The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS - Obese children as young as 10 had the arteries of 45-year-olds and other heart abnormalities greatly increasing their risk of heart disease, say doctors who used ultrasound tests to take a peek inside.

The studies, reported Tuesday at an American Heart Association conference, found about a third of American children are overweight and one-fifth are obese.

Many parents think "baby fat" will melt away as kids getolder. But research increasingly shows fat kids become fat adults, with
higher risks for many health problems.

(Read More)

--------------------------------------------------
Rick Kaseljrkaselj@HealingThroughMovement.com
Registered Kinesiologist Specializing in Injury Rehabilitation
Surrey, BC, Canada
Get your “5 Myths about Core Training” Special Report –
www.CoreStabilityoftheBack.com
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: