Friday, October 2, 2009

Fitness & Rehabilitation Newsletter


Video on Leg Press Machine and Low Back Injuries:

==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXbC9ttjoE

With every new client, I spent about 15 to 30 minutes chatting with the client.

We go through the forms that I have gotten them to fill out and I get more answers to other key questions.

I just had a client that stopped exercising for about a year because of a back injury.

I asked her, “How she injured her back?”

She let me know that she injured it while working with a trainer performing a leg press machine exercise.

I would like to say this not the first time I have heard this.

I know in my, Core Stability of the Lower Back course, I talk about the importance of the leg press and that strengthening the legs is important in the recovery from a low back injury.

BUT!

YES, BUT!

But, not all leg press machines help, some harm.

Watch this video on how the leg press machine can cause more back injuries, than it can help:

==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXbC9ttjoE

P.S. – If your client gets injured while using the leg press. It is important to go back to the start when it comes to core stability. I go through this in the Core Stability for the Rehab Client DVD course. I have two copies left, so if you order them TODAY you will save $10, I will pay the taxes and the shipping anywhere in the world:

==> http://www.1shoppingcart.com/SecureCart/SecureCart.aspx?mid=746D6FB2-40F5-4114-97A1-4E656012122D&pid=ce8c42c82fed54fab6e132f75650f226&bn=1

P.P.S. - Next week I will be covering a lot of great information when it comes to scapular stabilization. Talk to you then!

Rick Kaselj, MS

--------------------------------------------------
Rick Kaselj –
rkaselj@HealingThroughMovement.com
Registered Kinesiologist Specializing in Injury Rehabilitation
Surrey, BC, Canada
Get your “5 Myths about Core Training” Special Report –
www.CoreStabilityoftheBack.com
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: