Monday, May 3, 2010

Hiking from Mexico to Canada

I have done some crazy stuff in my short life.

I flew to Winnipeg for the weekend and ran a marathon.

Then I moved to Penticton and trained for the Ironman Triathlon.

But the craziest thing I have ever done was spend 5 month hiking 4300 kilometres.

Crazy = Hiking 4300 kilometres in 5 Months <== See the Funny Pictures of Me

Myself and 2 other friends started in San Diego and walked a half-marathon 6 times a week until we got to Manning Park in Canada.

It was crazy but a very memorable adventure!

Other than having to fend off biting ants, killer mosquitos and hungry bears, the toughest thing was managing all the injuries we got.

Many of the concepts I discovered on the long hike, I use today.
I have been asked to do a talk on the hike. I don't present this slideshow very often but next Tuesday I am presenting it at the Chilliwack Library.

Here are the details:

A Walk to Remember: The Pacific Crest Trail
Tuesday, May 4th
7:00pm-8:30pm

Chilliwack Library
45860 First Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 7K1
Phone (604) 792-1941

The talk if free and I guarantee it will be funny.

Rick Kaselj, MS

P.S. - The craziest thing I have done was walk from the Mexican Boarder back to Canada. No joke, have a look:

Hiking Across the USA <== Yes, there is a trail you can hike.

--------------------------------------------------
Rick Kaselj – rkaselj@HealingThroughMovement.com
Registered Kinesiologist Specializing in Injury Rehabilitation
Surrey, BC, Canada
Get your “5 Myths about Core Training” Special Report – www.CoreStabilityoftheBack.com
------------------------------------------------------

Hiking Across the USA <== Yes, there is a trail you can hike.

No comments: