Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Hurt One of My Clients

I was training one of my clients and hurt her knee.

It just happened a few days ago.

I gave her a sumo squat and it flared up her knee.

I got her to stop the exercise but it was bugging me on why the sumo squat flared up her knee so I hit the books.

Well not the book, the journals, and found the answer.

==> To Leg Press or Squat if You have an ACL Injury?

Next time I trained her, we used some of the modification that I go through in the article and she was fine to continue doing squatting exercises.

Got to love good research.

==> What To Do If You Have Pain During Squatting

Rick Kaselj, MS

P.S. – There is still room in the Plantar Fasciitis and Exercise webinar this Friday. If you can’t make it and are interested, no worries. I will record it for you and send it to you.
==> Plantar Fasciitis and Exercise Webinar

--------------------------------------------------
Rick Kaselj – rkaselj@HealingThroughMovement.com
Registered Kinesiologist Specializing in Injury RehabilitationSurrey, BC, Canada
Get your “5 Myths about Core Training” Special Report – www.CoreStabilityoftheBack.com
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: